Friday, August 22, 2014

Later, summer time.

IMG_6564_edited-1

These swinging pictures of Goldie were taken several days ago and then left on my camera – forgotten (as so many things are amidst the wildness of these “we have a new baby in the house” days).
IMG_6561_edited-2

However, when I finally scrolled through my camera roll yesterday (two days into a new school year and with rain clouds filling up our skies), they seemed to be the perfect tribute to the end of summer.
IMG_6567_edited-1

“It’s been real, summer. Nice hanging out with you. You brought plenty of fun and adventure our way.
IMG_6570_edited-3

And a new baby – who we went ahead and named right after your cheery, bright, little self.
IMG_6593_edited-2

We won’t say goodbye forever of course. Nothing that drastic. But, you seem to be coming to an end, so we’ll just . . . catch you next time around? Sounds good. Later, summer.”
IMG_6562_edited-2

Of course, I’ve been speaking solely to summer the season.

Summer the girl?

Well, she’s not going anywhere. She’ll stay and be our bright little reminder of summer-time throughout the year. Hmm. I like that. I hope she’ll always be one that reminds us of happiness and brightness and good things to keep hoping and waiting for no matter what cold-wintery seasons we pass through. I think she will.
IMG_6518_edited-1IMG_6544_edited-1

Unrelated: Mike snapped a few pictures of me on Sunday. I feel . . . how you feel when you have just had a baby. Not my best. Not brimming with confidence. But Mike is only ever full of compliments. I love him for that . . . even if I don’t quite believe him enough to not have cropped most of these. Winking smile
IMG_6623_edited-1IMG_6643_edited-1IMG_6645_edited-1IMG_6681_edited-1IMG_6693_edited-1

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh what great pics! And to have only let them age on the camera for a few days? Today I realized my photo card is FULL. Ugh. You look stunning in the photos Mike took!!!

Kara said...

Pretty!!!!!!!! It's always nice to have a pretty shot of one's self. Even if they're cropped. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...